Online therapy (also known as e-therapy, e-counseling, tele-therapy or cyber-counseling) is a relatively new development in the mental health field in which a therapist provides psychological advice and support over the internet. I offer online video counseling for all qualified clients. While there are many benefits to this type of psychotherapy there are some drawbacks and specific issues you should consider.
I prefer to meet all clients in person, if possible, at least once prior to engaging in online counseling in order to thoroughly evaluate clients for possible problems that may preclude them from this type of therapy. If you are able to schedule an initial in-person appointment with me prior to our first online session please contact my office to schedule this appointment at 831.459.9329.
Advantages to Online Counseling
- Convenient for clients who either can’t or don’t want to travel.
- Can have sessions at your home or workplace at a time that is more convenient for you.
- Real time video communication provides good connection between therapist and client.
- Confidentiality can be assured from the client’s side.
- Allows you to benefit from my extensive experience and expertise, particularly in divorce-related counseling, which may not otherwise be readily available in your community.
How it Works:
- You need to have access to a computer with a high-speed connection to the internet as well as the video telecommunications program or app Skype.
- You will need to provide your Skype address either by phone or email or Skype.
- You will need to pay for your appointment using Paypal link at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- At the time of your appointment I will initiate the contact via Skype.
- Missed appointments or cancellations within 24 hours of our appointment times are subject to a full charge.
a) you aren’t comfortable with the technology involved
b) you have a serious mental health issues(s) or have previously been diagnosed with certain types of psychiatric disorders
c) you have suicidal or homicidal thoughts or are experiencing an immediate emergency
d) you are under the age of 18